Sunday, February 28, 2010

I ran across something in my files I had not seen in a while and thought you'd like to watch it. In 2007, the late night TV host, Craig Ferguson did a remarkable thing: He spoke from his heart. Now, speaking emotionally about anything is a big deal for celebrities on TV, but it was really blockbuster material when it ran on late night TV because Ferguson was talking about something very, very personal to him...his alcoholism. Yes, Ferguson is in recovery (because he broke his own anonymity with this clip I feel less compunction about me breaking it). It's a great, personal statement for a man who makes his living by picking on the foibles of his fellow man or woman to step forward and talk about his own demons and how he is recovering from them. So, sit back and watch for a few minutes as someone does a Tenth Step right on late night TV!
All the best, Roger

No comments: